Thursday 24 October 2013

Name Generation

The client wanted a new name for the refectory, something that was catchy, quirky and funky. We had a group discussion over names, however there wasn't much of a great choice. I went away and created a mind map of any name that I came up with. 

This is the mind map that I created for my own name generation. I really like AnimalPrint or FootPrint as it states that the students can leave their own mark in the refectory and show their personality. 

We looked at the opening hours for the refectory and used them to create a name. This was put across to the client and they really liked it. Therefore, I will use this and develop it further. I also like the name as it is different and does not use simple, consistent names such as 'The Lounge' or 'The Hotspot'.  The final name that I have chosen is '8 To 3'. I experimented on the middle word as it could have been shown across in different ways, such as 'To', 'Till' or '2'. 

Strap Line Generation

I then created a few strap line ideas to go with the name. These include:

  • 'Chillax and eat, Meet and greet'
  • 'Snacks, Salads and memorable moments'
  • 'Enjoy Life at the 8 To 3'
  • 'Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch'
  • 'Feed your machine, Refresh your mind'
  • 'Jump into a pool of relaxation'.
My favourite strap lines are the 4th, 5th and 6th. The 4th strap line is fast, quick and fun to say. The 3 B's make a fun alliteration, which makes it very catchy. The 5th strap line is very clever as the machine acts as your body, which needs food and liquid, which is available at the refectory. Students go to there to relax. refresh and chat with friends, therefore the last part of this strap line shows this. The last strap line is memorable, however it is very calm and sophisticated, which may not suit the students' personality. The client loved the 4th strap line, as it is quirky, therefore I have chosen to use this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment