Monday 24 February 2014

Poster Final

I created a poster in Adobe Illustrator, using Adobe Photoshop to add colour. I found this pretty easy as I understand the software, and how to create the shapes I needed. I also used a Bamboo Tablet to help me draw the outlines for the shapes, such as the clouds and fish. I am really happy with the final design as it looks fun and is understandable for the children. The illustrations are simple and easy to follow, and the text is easy to read and makes sense for the children. I feel that if I was to repeat this design, I would make the body copy more simple, using less-complicated language for the children, as I feel that the text may be a bit hard for the children to fully understand, which could put them off from learning.
The stages: 





Evaluation Of Final Pieces
I am really happy with my my final poster design, as it is easy on the eye, and very eye catching to the younger audience, as well as the information graphics. I feel that the type styles that I used were simple, however easy for the children to understand and read. I used Myriad Pro as the main body copy style and for the heading, increasing the strokes to make it bolder, to show hierarchy. I had planned to use different type styles, however Adobe did not provide these. Therefore, if I was to repeat this idea, I would make sure that I had chosen styles that were easily accessible, making my design easier to construct. I have learned more skills when using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, making the design easier to construct. I found it pretty easy to design, as the images that I used were pretty basic. 

The main body copy:

The full design on Illustrator:
 

The character design in the corner of the poster:

The main part image of the poster, showing the water cycle:

No comments:

Post a Comment