Tuesday 25 February 2014

Materials and Experimentation

I looked at a variety of materials that I could use for the poster, to make it interactive with the younger audience. I found this very helpful as I found out what materials were easy to stick and use on the paper/card, and which materials did not work very well, or looked messy.

I feel that one of the best materials to use were the different types of card, such as shiny and corrugated, as they showed a lot of texture, which could make the children understand the topic more and they would be pulled into the poster easily and effectively. Another material was the cotton wool, as they are very realistic and usually used to show clouds in other arts and crafts. The children would easily understand what they poster is trying to show them, and by using dye, we could dye the cotton wool and darker grey, making the cycle easier to follow.
I think that one of the worse materials to use was the moss, as this stunk a lot when I opened the packet, which instantly put me off. This type of material can easily go mouldy or die, making the poster look very unattractive, and put the adults off as well as the children. I did however, like the idea of having a material that was funky to feel and smell, as it gives the children a feel of what the water cycle would be like.
Overall, I am happy with the materials that I worked with, and thought that the cards, cotton wool and  patterned wallpaper all would work well on the poster, as they would show the children what the cycle was really like in a funky way.
The layout sheet I had created with the materials and my annotations.



No comments:

Post a Comment