Monday 10 February 2014

Poster Design Layouts

I created layouts for the design of my poster, showing the children about the water cycle. I started designing ideas that came to my head about the layout of the poster, the shape and where the text and images would be.

I then developed one of the designs that I liked the most . I looked at the layout of the type and the different colour themes that I could use. I make the type spacing larger so the children would be able to read the text better. The colours relate to the theme of the water cycle, making it seem fun and understandable to the children. 


 I then looked at the type styles. I focused a lot on what styles the children would be able to read more clearly as they are at a young age and I want them to learn something from looking at the poster. I showed a couple type styles that are not very good, as they are not very clear for the children to read and understand, therefore not learning anything.

I focused on the images, the colours and the mechanisms that could be added to the poster, making it seem more fun and interactive for the children. I used bold colours, easy imagery and black outlines to make it simple for them to understand. I thought of a couple ideas that would make the poster interactive with the kids, for example I could use materials on top of the image, such as cotton wool for the clouds, I could attach flaps with the information underneath, I could use fuzzy felt so that the children could move the parts around, or I could use pull tabs so that the children are able to see that movement of the cycle. All these are fun for the children, and make their learning more effective.

I also looked at the body copy and the keywords that I want the children to be able to read and understand. I used easy language so that they are understandable for the kids.

This is my final design layout sheet, the image, the interactive part - I chose added materials onto the poster, as it is funky and looks really good, also flaps for the information underneath the image, with the body copy and the type styles that I will use for the heading and the body copy. I am pretty happy my final idea as it is easy to understand, helpful, colourful and interactive with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment