Thursday 2 January 2014

Double page spread Final

I created the double page spread in Adobe InDesign. I took the images on a camera on my laptop as I cannot convert the format. I am very happy with the final design as it is easy to read and look at. 




Evaluation
I feel really happy with my double page spread as I feel that I grasped the 80's theme and the structure of a magazine well. However, I do think that the 80's theme hasn't came across strongly as I would have hoped, therefore if I was to do this again, I would definitely add more stronger, bolder, brighter colours to make it stand out more, which would look more interesting and effective towards the readers. I am happy with the body copy as the structure is simple and easy to read. I added the main body copy on the left hand spread as this side is known to be used for editorial content. The copy will then flow towards the images on the right hand spread, to the logo and the caption. I inserted the three main images and the logo on the right hand spread, as this is the more exposed area when readers flick or look at the magazine, also because it is the heavier side. The images bleeding of the page will also gain the most attraction, making them visible when people flick through the magazine. When looking at other graphics magazines, I noticed that they are well simply structured, therefore I inserted an image, with the body copy wrapped around it on the bottom. I am pretty happy with the design of the heading as I used bold colours, linking with the 80's theme and looking effective towards the reader. However, I feel that they are not that effective against the white space, therefore if I was to repeat this, I would change the colour of the background to a darker shade or colour, such as back, then reverse type the body copy making that stand out even further, although I don't want to over exaggerate my double page spread.  



No comments:

Post a Comment