Monday 14 April 2014

Evaluation

Overall, I am happy with my final video. I feel that the effects that I added to the type works well, as they are slow enough for the audience to read, but also fast enough so that the video doesn't lag on too much. I feel that the colours that I used were bright, and exciting, therefore making the audience fully aware of the video and mentally and physically being pulled in.
I think that by drawing out and scanning in the font type styles, it gave the video a more funky vibe, which would come across as more fun to the audience. I am pretty happy with the whole puzzle piece idea as it shows that Dunstable can come together as one. I used puzzle pieces that connected to others as it shows that more pieces should join, therefore more people should come visit Dunstable, everyone uniting.
I feel that my video captures most of the good aspects in Dunstable, however I would have liked to add a bit more of the exciting side, such as the night life and restaurants etc. as this would have made it more fun to watch and more informative. I am also aware that the images that I used were very blurry, which made the video low quality.
If I was to repeat this outcome, I would use higher quality images and maybe used the images in full, rather than in a puzzle shape, as this is what caused the blur. I really liked the idea of the puzzle shapes although it didn't really work well with the images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvXJXRHB9w&feature=youtu.be

I feel a little annoyed that the images move too fast, making the video hard to watch in a relaxed manner, however I feel that the concept works really well. I feel that the for puzzle pieces coming into the middle throughout the video is a little off-putting, making the type harder for ear and understand, making the audience feel confused, making them leave without watching the full video. If I was to repeat this idea, I would make sure that the four puzzle pieces are only shown at the end of the film, rather than throughout, as it would look a lot neater.


No comments:

Post a Comment