Tuesday 4 March 2014

New Brief - Motion Graphics

I am now starting a new assignment, Motion Graphics. The main aim and purpose of this brief is to explore the importance of storytelling, using digital technology, when working for a live community. In the design world, storytelling through the different uses of digital media, such as film and motion graphics has became a big part of it. It definitely enables designers to open up to the world of technology and tell a story  using both moving images and sound. It is usually and often used for advertising and promotion, by both commercial and non-profit enterprises and in exciting/innovative music videos.
I am basing my community brief in Dunstable, as it has been in decline for many years, creating some shops to close down, resulting in empty shop units.This creates a very dreary atmosphere, making it an eyesore and non-stimulating place to shop and walk around. My motion graphics piece must captivate the Dunstable community as a whole, making the area more appealing to shoppers to increase the footfall in the town centre. I will be collecting research and documenting how and why it is in decline, by using a range of sources from photography to interviewing shoppers, shop keepers/managers and others employed in the area. I will meet a representative from the 'Don't let Dunstable die' webpage, discussing any requirements they may have. I will look at research from personal and on-line sources, including both newspapers and community magazines.
I am going to research into motion graphics, how they are created and who uses them, I will look at various designers and artists of influence to inspire me for when I start my idea generation. I will need to learn about how to use the software that I will be using to create my outcome.
Therefore, my final outcome should be of a motion graphic piece, which demonstrates and shows the positives in the Dunstable area to increase footfall. My piece must be set to a piece of music, making sure it is available for my own use and that it is appropriate for all age groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment